Saturday, April 21, 2007

S.B. 17-Protecting our state from drunk drivers

Gentlemen, I am witting to you today to discuss S.B. 17, a bill which toughens the penalties for driving drunk in the state of Ohio. I realize this bill does not yet effect you Mr. Skindell, but once it gets to the House it will.

As I am sure you are aware, drunk driving is rapidly becoming an epidemic in this state. Unfortunately the victims aren't only the perpetrators but also innocent, law abiding citizens, getting maimed and killed in accidents all over the state. While I personally feel that the penalties should be even tougher than this bill, I believe this bill goes a long way to toughening up our laws and protect us from habitual drunk drivers.

I know it is possible for bills to be killed by adding amendments that change or having nothing to do with the original bill, but I can't honestly see anyone wanting to do this. Therefore, I expect nothing but total support for this bill, and will look forward to counting your vote in favor later this year.

Thank you for your time and your service,

Russell Bonchu, III

No comments: